Saturday, July 06, 2013

I will be doing three shows this fall...


 Hey All,  I will be doing 3 shows this fall.
 
 
 
 
 In September, I have been invited to do a one man show of my modern work at Wayne County Community College's Downriver Campus. The show is called Characterized by Color. The show will run from September 26th to Nov 14th . In conjunction with that show I will be lecturing and demonstrating my techniques on October 17th from 5:30 to 7:30pm at the school.
 
 
  The second show I will be participating in is an Anti-War show at the 4731 Gallery in Detroit on September 21st called Stretch The Strangle Hold. The artists compiled for this show are some serious icons of the Detroit art scene, so I am very pleased to be able to show with them. It is being curated by Joe Lovett and Jack O. Summers, and inspired by the painting Stretch the Strangle Hold by Joe Lovett.
 
 
 
 
Lastly I will be doing another one man show at an alternative site, the Birmingham Unitarian Church in Bloomfield Hills, sometime in October. The dates are not yet set, but the great people of the BUC were kind enough to approach me and offer their gallery space to show works of my choosing. That said...I decided to show my landscapes, and I will post the dates for that as soon as I know. For those who do not know the space, the BUC was designed by Yamaski, and is a fantastic space to visit and experience his vision.
 
I had been photographing material for this work for some time now and am currently painting for this show. I will continue to post "in progress" images as I go, and look forward to the body of work.
 
 
 

No comments: